|Welcome to Online Film Home! The place for all film lovers.|
Stories | Ghesse-ha (2012)|
Rakhshan Bani Etemad
Date of birth:
3 April 1954, Tehran, Iran
Bani-E’temad, one of the best female filmmakers in the country, follows the story of her films’ characters after nearly two decades. Socially conscious and bitter, without losing continuity. --Golmakani
"Stories" is composed of seven short films, in which you find some of the most talented actors in the country, actors who mainly have played in independent films of Iranian cinema.
Rakhshan Bani-Etemad with movies such as Nargess, blue scarf, Under the skin of the city, Gilaneh and Mainline, is the creator of some of the most important works in the history of Iranian cinema.
She is as much an honest narrator of the sad events of our time here in "stories" as she has been in her other works.
Cast: Golab Adineh, Mehdi Hashemi, Baran Kosari, Fatemeh Motamed-Arya, Peyman Moadi, Negar Javaherian, Babak Hamidian, Atefeh Razavi, Hasan Majuni, Reema Raminfar, Farhad Aslani, Mohammad Reza Foroutan, Mehraveh Sharifinia, Habib Rezaie, Shahrokh Foroutanian
Selected filmography of Rakhshan Bani Etemad
- Stories | Ghesse-ha (2012)
- We Are Half of Iran's Population - Ma nimi az jam'iat Iranim (2009)
- Mainline - Khoon bazi (2006)
- Gilane (2005)
- Our Times - Roozegar-e Ma (documentary) (2002)
- Under the Skin of the City - Zir-e poost-e shahr (2000)
- Baran-O-Bumi (Baran and the Native) (1999)
- The May Lady - Banoo-Ye Ordibehesht (1998)
- The blue Veiled - Rusari Abi (1995)
- Nargess (1992)
- Canary Yellow - Zard-e Qanari (1988)
- Off-Limits - Kharej az Mahdudeh (1986)
Choose an item to go there!